Aidan started school yesterday. He's in a Pre-K class, 4 afternoons at a church right around the corner from our new house. I take him for "Lunch Bunch", where the kids bring their lunch and eat together. Then, he has class for the remainder of the afternoon. The first day he headed for the sandbox and didn't look back. Today, it was the tricycle. Guess he's ready for school!
I am happy to report Laney has had two good days at school in a row. Went 3/4 the day without crying! Really participating well in teacher time. Has been trying to bounce on the trampoline (a first) and is communicating her needs to the teachers. She stop crying about 30 seconds after I dropped her off this morning. She sat on the stairs (with a teacher) and waited for the other kids to arrive, then walked up the stairs by herself ... no tears! We are thrilled.
Her speech therapy went well today. I don't think she cried once. Her therapist, Lisa, mentioned that she just seems so much calmer and focused. She had great eye contact with Lisa today. And at dinner, she took dips of her applesauce with her spoon, unassisted! It's something new each day. I was able to sit with her last night and read a book to her, without her pushing me away. Six months ago that would have never happened.
Thanks for your prayers. Our God is good!!
Cracking up!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment