We are finally spending the night at our new house. For the most part it's done, but a complete mess! Can you say "chaos"? You'll have to pray for me. I don't function well in chaos. Guess God's trying to teach me some lessons. I'm still up because Laney did have a hard time settling down at bedtime, which was expected, but very hard for me. She's in her own room (with a great mural painted by my sister-in-law) and not sharing with Aidan. She cried off and on for about 45 minutes, but I think she's finally asleep. Aidan was out in about 10 minutes. He loves his new room. It's big and has a mural of Thomas the Train (painted by my cousin). Tomorrow we'll see how the schedule works without my mom's help. How blessed we were (and are) by her. I'm sure Aidan and Laney will miss having breakfast with her each morning. Me too! I don't know how to brew my own coffee. Guess I'll go back to hot tea.
Laney continues to have good days at school. Less crying and more great reports. Overall she seems happier, though transitions remain a challenge for her, and that's when we experience the meltdowns. We hope to start using some pictures to show her what's ahead (i.e. mealtime, bed, bath, etc.) Aidan is in love with his school. Each time we drive up, he exclaims with excitement "my school!" Maybe the excitement will last into his pre-teen years! :)
That's all for now. Again, thanks for your encouragment and prayers.
Cracking up!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment