Case in point #1 - The last "portrait" of Delaney we have is when she was 18 months old. After that, trying to get her picture taken was a nightmare. She was uncooperative and it just wasn't worth the fight. (We have noticed that sometime lights bother her, and new environments used to freak her out.) When school picture time rolled around this year, I wasn't going to get my hopes up. The attempts in pre-school were unsuccessful, and I told her current teacher that Delaney might not be into the picture thing. Her teacher assured me that she would try her best to get her to cooperate, but if Delaney got upset they'd back off. I remember that morning saying a simple prayer to God about it. "Lord, if you could make it happen, we'd love to have a new picture of Delaney to share with the family." Well, I was tickled pink when the pictures arrived this week!! We were so happy! And so thankful to God for this small answer to such a simple prayer.
2. Case in point #2 - Halloween. I wasn't sure if Laney would even be into Halloween this year, so I didn't give her costume a lot of thought. (In year's past, she hasn't been cooperative with the costume thing, and we'd keep her in the stroller while we walked around with Aidan.) This week, I found a fancy dress in her closet and decided I'll put that one her and call her a princess. I got her dressed tonight with no problem, and was even able to add a tiara and a wand to the outfit with no objection from her. When it came time to leave, she was so excited, and pumpkin in hand, followed her brother from house to house. She went up to the doors with no problem, said "Thank you" after they gave her candy and stayed with us the whole time!! Not meltdowns, no fits, no negative outbursts. We were so happy!!!! It was finally a "normal" Halloween for our family. Again, we are grateful to God for giving us this little simple blessing tonight.
4. Matt and I went to Parent-Teacher Conferences today, and got good reports on both kids. We are especially pleased with how well Laney is adjusting to the Kindergarten classroom. She is being integrated into more activities and her behaviors are much improved. We are grateful to her teachers, and the wonderful aide that is with her each day. Thanks for your continued prayers regarding her schooling situation.
5. I am quickly becoming a fan of the show "The Office". I caved to peer pressure and started watching it this season. It's quirky, but I think that's why I like it so much.
I can't believe that tomorrow it's November!! How did that happen? Enjoy the weekend.
5. I am quickly becoming a fan of the show "The Office". I caved to peer pressure and started watching it this season. It's quirky, but I think that's why I like it so much.
I can't believe that tomorrow it's November!! How did that happen? Enjoy the weekend.
1 comment:
Your family is WAY cool!
Post a Comment