1. The new Target is open! I went on Tuesday night and that store just makes me happy. I had a nice time strolling around with no kids pulling me into the toy section. Glad to have it nearby, though I am dreading the holiday traffic that will now increase with the new store's placement across from Jefferson Pointe. I'll try to make a mental note not to go that way on the weekends until after the new year.
2. The zoo's last day for the season was Sunday. So, I bummed some tickets from my mom and we went for one last visit. Rented the stroller again for Laney, and she got in willing. Plus, we didn't even have to buckle her in. She stayed in it most of the time and seemed really engaged this time. At the exhibits, I get down at her level and ask "Laney, what do you see?" Most of the time, she would respond, "I see .... (whatever animal it was)." About the last 1/3 of our visit, she got out of the stroller and walked with us. Did a great job staying with us. So thankful! No meltdowns!!
Aidan at the water fountain.
Laney sitting in "Little Poof".
3. After the zoo, we headed to my dad's for a cookout. He built a little fire in his backyard and grilled burgers and hot dogs for dinner. Then, for dessert ... what else but smores. It's officially fall now. :)
4. Aidan is enjoying learning to read and it is so exciting! (That's all I have to say about that.)
5. On Saturday I spent the day at church for a women's event called "Running Ragged". It was a day to spend getting to know some other ladies at the church, and to "gain some balance" in the midst of life's craziness. I am so glad I went.
That's a wrap. Have a nice fall weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment