Friday, January 02, 2009

Five for Friday ... Finally

My apologies for not getting to my blog. (Wonder if anyone even noticed.) Two weeks ago, an ice storm hit and we lost power early Friday morning and it wasn't returned until late Saturday afternoon. That was so not fun. Then last Friday, we headed out early to visit Matt's parents in Tennessee. We returned safe and sound last night. Today has been unpacking, laundry and, on top of all that, packing up the Christmas decorations, which I so don't like to do. However, they won't pack themselves, so it must be done. Finishing that up in is on my list for tomorrow, as well as a run to the bank and grocery. (Can I go back to vacation, please?)

Let me give you my five highlights from the last few weeks:

1. Went to the FW Philharmonic Holiday Pops concert with my brother, his wife and Matt. Tickets were compliments of my mom. I "bought" dinner at a local pizza place (using a gift certificate I won from my second place finish during the Disney giveaway). So, the night was a cheap one ... always good. But even better was spending some time with my brother and his wife. Even though we live in the same town (about 10 minutes away), we don't get together often, and especially not without our kiddos. We are talking about trying to do double dates like that more often.

2. We were able to attend Christmas Eve service this year, which was so nice. (Matt sang, so I really enjoyed that part.) One of our friends' teenage daughter (M) stayed with Delaney in the Children's library during the service, as I knew there was no way Delaney would have sat through it. Having M help us out was such a blessing. I as so very grateful for people like her.

3. Christmas was a lot of fun this year. I think Delaney really understood it and was very involved in opening her presents. She got a lot of Veggie Tales stuff, as that seems to be her favorite thing right now. Aidan got a mix of Star Wars, Batman, Spiderman, Transformers and Ironman items. As a family, we got the Kung Fu Panda movie, which has been watched several times already.

4. Visiting Matt's parents in Tennessee was great. Travelling went smoothly and the kids did great. So blessed that they are good travelers. Both the kids enjoyed the time at Grandmom and Gran-pa's house. Aidan really enjoyed getting to know their new dog, Baxter. Matt was able to help his dad with a few projects. Matt & I were able to do a little shopping and enjoy an early Anniversary date. We had a small birthday celebration for Delaney, as well.

5. On New Year's Eve, we enjoyed our traditional shrimp, as well as other yummy food. We played some cards, watched the ball drop and I think, were in bed by 12:10 am. (Not like the old days at all.) I am looking forward to what 2009 has in store. Lots of hopes and dreams for my kiddos, and many goals to reach for myself. I am excited to see Matt graduate and experience new ministry opportunities. I wait in anticipation to see what God will do as I follow hard after Him. I am so glad He's got in all in His hands.

Blessings!!

2 comments:

jefteach said...

Hey There Friend:

I feel that way about my blog. Is anyone out there? At any rate, I do read yours, but usually it is when I update my own and I haven't updated mine in awhile.

Keep writing.

Your Friend,

Janet

Anonymous said...

I'm reading it!! and waiting, for two weeks now....

Jessie