1. On the Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving, I went into Aidan's school to help prepare the Thanksgiving Feast for the 1st graders. They all paraded in with costumes and sat on the floor to eat their meals. I was pleasantly surprised at how well-behaved everyone was.
3. We had Thanksgiving dinner at my dad's this year. It was a nice time. Plenty of delicious food to go around. Laney sat at the kids table very well. She didn't try anything on the "normal" menu, except a cookie, of course.
4. On the day after Thanksgiving, as tradition, we got out the Christmas decorations. We don't have a lot, so the decorating can be accomplished in a few hours. Aidan and Delaney helped decorate the tree. It was a lot of fun to see both the kids so "in to it". Aidan was most anxious to get our the Little People Nativity Set. He even took it to his Grams' house on Friday night for a slumber party.
5. Unpacking the Christmas boxes is most exciting for me because I finally get to listen to my Christmas CDs. After my collection has been in hibernation for 11 months, I open the box with glee as I try to decide which one to listen to first. And I always allow myself one new CD purchase a year. This year, Sara Groves (one of my favorite artists) released a Christmas CD. I bought it on Saturday and am not disappointed.
6. I just got my 2009 calendar, and just like the good organized geek that I am, I started filling it in already (and I was in a giddy mood when I did it).
7. Laney has been loving the song Jingle Bell Rock and wants it played all the time. She also insists that Aidan dance with her during it. (They are mostly just spin around in the kitchen.) It is so precious the way she wants to interact with him. If he's working on homework, she tries to drag him off the kitchen chair. If he's watching TV, she tries to stand in front of him. "Aidan, spin" she says. It's so, so great! And I think Aidan likes it just as much as Laney.
8. We have been trying to potty training Delaney and have had some success this week. (Thanks to those of you who have been praying.) Each time she goes, she gets one of my homemade "Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies". I told Matt that if, indeed, we can get her fully potty trained, I am going to change the name of the cookies to "Miracle Cookies".
9. It is Aidan's week to be "Star Student" at school. He got to take in pictures of him as a baby, some special people in his life, and some of his favorite things. Today, Matt & I went in to read a story to the class and share a treat. Aidan's teacher was telling us how much Aidan is enjoying being "Star Student". When sharing his pictures, she said he is very detailed when talking about each one. On Friday, he gets to keep the class teddy bear for the weekend. He has to journal about what "adventures" the bear gets to take with his family. That should be a fun project for him.
10. The kids have the opportunity to do a little Christmas shopping at school. The Holiday Shoppe is open for the kids to gets things for mom, dad, sisters, brothers, etc. On Monday, I sent money with Aidan and he came home with a few packages. Today, I sent money in for Laney to go shopping. Her aide wrote in her notebook that today, when she took Laney shopping, she pointed at something and said "Daddy". And then when asked what she wanted to get Mommy, quickly picked out something else. I have no idea what she chose, but I am delighted she did the choosing by herself!! Can't wait to Christmas morning.
Hope your Thanksgiving was grand. I encourage you, that among the busyness of the season, to find some time to reflect upon all that is good around you.
1 comment:
God delights in you.
Post a Comment