I have been struggling with a cold this week and don't feel so grand. Forgive me if my postings don't make sense ... my head is a little clogged.
1. Matt's birthday is today and he turns 37. Instead of a birthday cake, he has requested a peanut butter pie. I use a recipe of my grandmother's which is very easy and very delicious. We play to go out on Saturday night for the "official" birthday celebration.
2. My slippers came out of hibernation earlier this week when lows dropped into the 40s at night. We left the windows open, so it was down right chilly when I went to get my morning cup of tea. My slippers are just as comfy as they were last winter.
3. We had a "Unity Service" for church on Sunday. Typically, on a Sunday morning, worship happens in 5 different services, so everyone got together at one time on Sunday. It was terrific. It was held in an outdoor amphitheater here in town. Afterwards, we had lunch in a big tent on the grounds. My mom kept Laney for most of the morning ... I knew she wouldn't sit still for the service. Aidan was very patience and did some coloring during the sermon. During the singing time, he was out in the aisle, clapping and moving along. It was great!
4. After lunch on Sunday (which mom and Laney joined us for) we all visited the zoo. I was so hoping to try and do it without Laney in a stroller, but just a few minutes into the visit, I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. So, I plopped $4 down for a stroller rental. It was the best investment. She wasn't really happy about the change in plans at first, but then I think she liked being carted around. We'd let her get out on occasion to run around. Her favorite part is the fish and shark tanks. Thankfully, she never gave us any big meltdowns getting back into the stroller. It was a good day, but we were all wiped out by the time it was over.
5. I've been eating a lot of oatmeal this week, probably because it's a comfort food for me, which is a funny thought. My first recollections of oatmeal are from summer camp. It being slopped into a bowl during the breakfast line. Guess it didn't do as much damage as I thought. Since I didn't have any of the terrific baked oatmeal on hand (my mother-in-law gave me the recipe and it is delightful), I have been heating up plain oatmeal, then added peanut butter and brown sugar. Yummy! I'm curious ... do you like oatmeal? And if you do, what kind? Let me know.
Have a great weekend!
Cracking up!
15 years ago
4 comments:
I do like oatmeal. We buy the instant brown sugar kind. The boys like it in the winter.
I'm sorry to hear you've be under the weather! Hope you have a great time celebrating Matt's b-day this weekend!
I like plain, regular not instant, oatmeal with lots of butter, brown sugar and chopped bananas. Yum! wonderful comfort food! I have never made baked oatmeal before, but it sounds good.
Jenn,
It has to apples and cinnamon. Nothing better.
I've tried to like oatmeal . . . several times. Even the baked oatmeal which my dad loves! Just don't like the texture, sugar it as you may. So sad.
Post a Comment