I am doing this early today (very early) so I don't forget. :)
1. My in-laws are in route right now to come for a visit this weekend. I love my in-laws and am so blessed by them. (No horror stories here.) We really don't have much in the way of plans. Matt's dad is going to help put up some light fixtures I bought at Lowe's this week, and I'm sure he'll take Matt and I on our annual birthday breakfast. (Dad takes each of the kids out for breakfast each year to celebrate their birthdays. It's a nice tradition.) I look forward to hanging out and enjoying each other's company.
2. I got to have a girl's night last night ... much needed. My weekly get together kind of feel apart this summer after one friend moved away. Schedules just haven't been able to connect. It was so good to have girl time. Chatting about life and of course, eating good food.
3. I have a terrific hubby. I have no worries when I get to have an evening out, like last night. He (willingly) gave the kids a bath, got them to bed on time and with no problems. He is such a hands-on daddy and I am extremely grateful.
4. A Target store is opening soon in our area of town and I am so excited. I pass it everyday taking Laney to and from her downtown therapy. (I have to wait until mid-Oct for the grand opening. It's killing me. )
5. Back to School night was on Wednesday. We got to go into Aidan's classroom, chat with his teacher and look around. He has a great room and had fun showing us around. He was also very proud to show us his locker. We also got to meet all the Special Ed aides and talk with them about Laney. We feel really blessed ... they all seem to really enjoy what they do and being involved in the lives of these special kids. She has had a good week at school. Even got to help deliver the mail yesterday!
Enjoy the long weekend! I know I will!
Cracking up!
15 years ago
2 comments:
I am so ready for Target to open too! I'm glad you were able to get out with your girlfriends this week. It's so important to fill up the soul with good coversation and good food!
Thanks for reminding me to look for the things to be thankful for in our lives. Sometimes it's the simple things that we can take for granted, but if there were to not be there in our lives- like grasshoppers- we would miss them. Because it's the small things that continually point us to our Father Who loves us so much.
Post a Comment